Whether you have fixed-wing or rotor experience – we’re honored to help veterans transition from servicemembers to commercial pilots. We can show you how to use your educational benefits and military experience to help earn your civilian ratings, greatly reducing your cost.
We want to make it easy to transition from a military cockpit to civilian flight deck. Read more about the Envoy Rotor Transition Program.
- Apply. Military pilots can apply at www.airlineapps.com. Helicopter pilots: Please make sure that you check Rotor Transition Program (RTP) on the “Affiliation” section of the application, otherwise we will not receive your application!
- Interview. Come visit our headquarters in Irving, Texas, and meet our Envoy recruiters. We think it’s important for you to get to know us, as much as we want to get to know you. Transportation and lodging are provided as needed. This interview will include HR interview and a technical evaluation.
- Background check. After your successful interview, you’ll receive a Pre-offer of Employment and we will begin the background check process. The background check can take as little as three days to complete, then your application will be sent to the Captain’s Review Board for one final check.
- Class date. Congratulations and welcome aboard! Your file has passed the Captain’s Review Board and you are ready to start.
- For pilots who require an ATP/CTP course, Envoy will place you in a training course at no cost (the $5,000 fee will be covered by Envoy). While in the ATP-CTP course, Envoy will pay for your hotel accommodations. After successfully completing the course, you will go directly to First Officer training.
- For pilots who do not require the ATP/CTP course, a recruiter will contact you for a class date that works for your schedule.
New hire pilot training is held at our Flight Academy in Irving, Texas. Our safety-oriented Advanced Qualification Program combines computer-based learning, lectured classroom, procedure trainers and full-motion flight simulators. You will receive single-occupancy hotel accommodations, salary, and per diem during the nine to ten-week training program.
Apply today by completing an application on www.airlineapps.com or email your resume to Envoy Pilot Recruitment at EnvoyPilotRecruitment@aa.com for more information.