Thank you for your interest in Envoy Air and our Rotor Transition Program
- Envoy Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group
- We fly more than 800 daily departures under the American Eagle Brand to 150 destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean
- Our fleet includes EMB-175, CRJ-700 and EMB-140/145 aircraft
- We have three domiciles: Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago and New York
- Our company is headquartered in Irving, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area)
- A new hire joining Envoy today is projected to upgrade from First Officer to Captain in about two years and have a guaranteed job flying for American Airlines in just over five years, with no further interview required
- Envoy offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), etc.
- All Envoy employees and their families enjoy free and unlimited personal travel anywhere throughout the American Airlines global network
Why Military pilots?
We are specifically targeting rotor-wing pilots for a career in commercial aviation.
- Military aviators qualify for the lowest minimum R-ATP certificate at just 750 hours total time and 250 fixed-wing PIC
- Most military aviators have the total time requirements but lack the fixed-wing component
- Envoy has partnered with Coast Flight Training in San Diego to offer a fixed-wing transition program
- Envoy will financially help you reach the airplane hour requirements of 250 fixed wing PIC and 25 hours multi engine
How it works
We’ll work with you to customize a training plan specific to your flight time and certificate requirements.
- Your training plan will clearly outline the duration and cost of training
- Envoy will provide up to $23,000 toward your transition training (additional financial assistance may be available through Coast Flight Training)
- We also offer a new hire signing bonus of $17,100 to be paid out the first day at Coast Flight Training
To take advantage of this opportunity, complete an application at www.airlineapps.com. Please make sure that you check Rotor Transition Program (RTP) on the “Affiliation” section of the application, otherwise we will not receive your application!
If you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 374-5218 or (972) 374-4761 to speak directly with a recruiter.
We thank you for your service and look forward to working with you through this process!
Coast Flight Training runs a new class every week. Classes will be assigned after you complete your interview with Envoy.
Program costs are unique to each individual and run from $3,000 to $49,000. Training costs vary based on experience coming into the program, FAA certificates obtained and fixed winged flight hours. Coast Flight Training will provide exact program costs once you have been given a start date. Envoy offers up to $23,000 to help with the expenses of completing the FAA ratings and required flight time. (Additional financial assistance may be available through Coast Flight and AOPA.) An additional bonus of $17,100 will be paid out on the first day of training at Coast Flight Training.
Coast Flight Training has arranged shared housing in San Marcos, Texas. A shared room will cost $400 a month, which includes all basic living supplies. BAH is not provided for vocational flight training.
Coast Flight Training Aircraft
Coast Flight Training uses the following equipment to train pilots:
- Cessna 172 with G1000 avionics
- PA28 Piper Archer with Garmin 430’s
- PA44 Piper Seminole Garmin 430’s
- Redbird Flight Simulator
All benefits including travel will begin when you have entered ground school with Envoy in Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW). Envoy will provide an airline ticket to/from your interview and to/from your training program at Coast Flight Training.
Photo: US Army.